Monday, July 25, 2011

Paris summer 2011 part 2

Promenade à Pompidou

Our first sightseeing venture was to the Centre Georges Pompidou. My mom usually tries to drag me to museums of all kinds, but I'm not all that tolerant of non art museums. I'm also particularly fond of impressionism, fauvism and other post-impressionist styles. And we're both big fans of Matisse and Miro. So this being the largest modern art museum in Europe, it was the perfect way to spend our afternoon. 

Crêpes on every corner!

L'île dans ma tête ( The island in my head)

Montmartre

Georges Braque La Ciotat Harbor 1906 

Georges Braque L’homme à la guitare 1914

Pablo Picasso Arlequin 1923



Georges Braque Viaduct at L'Estaque 1908

Vassily Kandinsky, Alte Stadt, 1902





Vassily Kandinsky Yellow-Red-Blue 1925

Larry Rivers, I like Olympia in Black Face, 1970

Random awesome cave you get to walk around in



Art overload




Picasso, Warhol, Miro, Warhol, cliche parisian photo, Klimt, Klimt, Matisse,  disturbing social commentary
I splurge on postcards, big spender that I am. 

1 comment:

  1. I am trying to track down a painting and it looks very similar to one that you posted here. Do you have a reference or happen to know the artist for the painting that is 12th from the top (the man with fauve colors on his face). Is it Kupka?

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete